Choosing the right university for your higher education is a significant decision that can shape your future. One institution that often comes under consideration is Keiser University.
Known for its career-focused programs and a commitment to student success, Keiser University has both its proponents and critics.
In this blog post, we will explore the pros and cons of Keiser University to help you make an informed decision about whether it’s the right fit for your educational goals.
Keiser University is a private, non-profit university with multiple campuses located throughout Florida.
Pros and Cons of Keiser University
When it comes to choosing a university for your higher education, it’s essential to carefully weigh the advantages and disadvantages of your options.
Keiser University is no exception. This private institution has garnered attention for its unique approach to education.
Founded in 1977, the university offers a range of undergraduate and graduate programs in various fields, including business, healthcare, and criminal justice1. Here are some pros and cons of Keiser University.
Please note that this information is based on available sources and may not represent the complete picture.
It’s always a good idea to conduct further research or reach out to current or former students for more insights into Keiser University.
Pros of Keiser University
- Career-Focused Programs: Keiser University is renowned for its career-oriented programs designed to prepare students for the job market. Whether you’re interested in healthcare, business, technology, or any other field, Keiser offers a wide range of programs that align with industry demands.
- Small Class Sizes: One of the standout features of Keiser is its commitment to small class sizes. This ensures that students receive personalized attention from professors, fostering a conducive learning environment and promoting better understanding of the course materials.
- Accelerated Programs:Keiser University offers accelerated degree programs, allowing students to complete their degrees in less time than traditional universities. This can be a major advantage for those looking to enter the workforce sooner or save on tuition costs.
- Flexible Scheduling:Keiser understands that many students have busy lives outside of school. That’s why they offer flexible scheduling options, including online classes, evening classes, and weekend programs, making it easier for students to balance their education with other commitments.
- Supportive Faculty and Staff:The university prides itself on its dedicated faculty and staff who are committed to helping students succeed. They provide academic support, career guidance, and a nurturing learning environment.
Cons of Keiser University
- Tuition Costs: Keiser University is a private institution, and as such, its tuition costs can be higher compared to some public universities. While financial aid and scholarships are available, the price tag can still be a barrier for some students.
- Limited Campus Locations: Keiser University has several campuses throughout Florida and offers online programs, but if you live outside of Florida or prefer an on-campus experience, your options may be limited.
- Accreditation Concerns: In the past, Keiser University faced accreditation issues. While the university has worked to address these concerns, it’s essential to verify the accreditation status of your specific program before enrolling.
- Less Emphasis on Research: If you’re interested in pursuing a research-intensive academic path, Keiser University might not be your ideal choice, as it tends to prioritize practical, career-focused education over research opportunities.
- Rigorous Curriculum: The accelerated pace and rigorous curriculum of Keiser programs can be challenging for some students, particularly those who prefer a slower learning pace or have other time commitments.
Why Choose Keiser University?
Keiser University is a suitable university for students seeking career-focused education, small class sizes, accelerated programs, flexible scheduling, supportive faculty and staff, industry connections, and diverse program offerings.
Their programs provide practical skills for specific careers, offer personalized attention, and allow students to complete their education quickly.
Flexible scheduling options, including evening and weekend classes and online courses, make it easier for students to balance their education with other commitments.
Keiser University also collaborates with industry partners, offering internships, co-op programs, and job placements.
The university’s diverse program offerings ensure students find a program that aligns with their interests and career goals.
Where is Keiser University Located?
As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, Keiser University is a private university with multiple campuses primarily located in the state of Florida, United States. The university has a network of campuses and learning centers across Florida.
However, it’s important to note that Keiser University also offers online programs, allowing students from various locations to access their education remotely.
Please keep in mind that universities may expand or change their campus locations over time,
so I recommend visiting the official Keiser University website or contacting their admissions office for the most up-to-date information regarding their campus locations and programs.
This will ensure you have the most current and accurate information about the university’s physical locations and offerings.
What Programs Does Keiser University Offer?
Keiser University offers a wide range of programs across various fields of study, catering to diverse educational and career interests.
As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, here is a general overview of the types of programs typically offered by Keiser University:
- Nursing (BSN, MSN)
- Health Services Administration
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Radiologic Technology
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Physician Assistant (MPAS)
Business Administration (various specializations)
- International Business
- Hospitality Management
Criminal Justice and Legal Studies
- Criminal Justice
- Homeland Security
- Legal Studies
- Forensic Investigations
Information Technology and Computer Science
- Information Technology Management
- Cyber Forensics/Information Security
- Computer Science
- Network Systems Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Education (various specializations)
- Teacher Education (Preparation for Florida Certification)
Psychology and Counseling
- Psychology (BA, MA)
- Mental Health Counseling (MA)
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MS)
Sports Management and Exercise Science
- Sports Medicine and Fitness Technology
- Sports Management
- Biomedical Sciences (BS)
Hospitality and Culinary Arts
- Culinary Arts
- Baking and Pastry Arts
- Hospitality Management
- Nautical Science (AS)
- Political Science (BA)
- Environmental Studies (BA)
- Interdisciplinary Studies (BA)
- General Studies (AA, BA)
Public Safety and Management
- Public Safety Administration (AS, BS)
How Does Keiser University Support Its Students?
Keiser University is dedicated to providing comprehensive support to its students to ensure their success throughout their academic journey.
The university offers a range of services and resources designed to help students academically, personally, and professionally. Here are some of the ways Keiser University supports its students:
Academic Advising: Keiser University provides academic advisors who work closely with students to create individualized academic plans. They assist in course selection, monitor progress, and help students stay on track to meet their educational goals.
Tutoring and Academic Assistance: The university offers tutoring services and academic assistance programs to help students improve their academic performance. These services can include one-on-one tutoring, study skills workshops, and writing centers.
Career Services: Keiser University’s career services team helps students with job placement, internship opportunities, resume writing, interview preparation, and career planning. They work to connect students with employers and industry partners.
Personal Counseling: Keiser University provides personal counseling services to support students’ emotional and psychological well-being. These services are designed to help students cope with personal challenges and stressors that may impact their academic success.
Library Resources: The university’s libraries offer a wealth of resources, including books, research databases, and academic journals. Librarians are available to assist students with research and information needs.
Accessibility Services: Keiser University ensures that students with disabilities have equal access to educational opportunities. They offer accommodations and support services to students with disabilities to help them succeed academically.
Financial Aid and Scholarships: The university’s financial aid office assists students in navigating the financial aid process. They provide information on grants, loans, scholarships, and other forms of financial assistance.
Student Organizations and Clubs: Keiser University encourages student involvement in clubs and organizations on campus. These extracurricular activities provide opportunities for personal growth, leadership development, and networking.
Health and Wellness Services: Some campuses offer health and wellness services to support students’ physical well-being. This may include access to health clinics, fitness facilities, and wellness programs.
Technology Support: Keiser University provides technical support to assist students with any technology-related issues they may encounter, ensuring they have access to online resources and systems.
Study Spaces: The university offers quiet study areas and computer labs where students can focus on their coursework and research.
Retention Programs: Keiser University implements retention programs aimed at helping students persist in their studies and complete their degrees. These programs may include early alert systems, academic workshops, and peer mentoring.
Veterans Services: Keiser University has a strong commitment to supporting veterans and active-duty military students. They provide resources and assistance tailored to the unique needs of military-affiliated students.
Cultural and Diversity Support: The university promotes diversity and inclusivity and may offer services and events to celebrate different cultures and backgrounds.
What are the admission requirements for Keiser University?
To be considered for admission to Keiser University, all applicants must provide one of the following:
- Verification of high school graduation (transcript, diploma, etc.)
- Verification of GED completion (GED scores or GED diploma)
- Proof of graduation from a foreign institution comparable to a United States secondary school.
For further information, please refer to the university catalog. International student applicants must meet additional requirements for admission to Keiser University.
Source: Conversation with Bing,
(1) Admissions and Requirements – Steps to Apply – Keiser University. https://www.keiseruniversity.edu/admissions/.
(2) Admission Requirements – Keiser University. https://www.keiseruniversity.edu/graduate-school/admissions/requirements/.
(3) Admissions and Requirements – Steps to Apply – Keiser University. https://www.keiseruniversity.edu/international-students/admissions/.
How Keiser University Impacts Student Success
Keiser University significantly impacts student success through its commitment to career-focused education, small class sizes, supportive faculty and staff, flexible scheduling options,
accelerated programs, industry partnerships, diversity of program offerings, technology integration, quality facilities, and community engagement.
The university offers programs that align with industry demands, providing practical skills and real-world experience.
Small class sizes allow for one-on-one interactions with professors, enhancing understanding and support.
The university’s dedicated faculty and staff provide additional resources, such as career counseling and academic advising.
Flexible scheduling options, accelerated programs, industry partnerships, and a wide range of programs cater to diverse interests and career goals.
The university also invests in state-of-the-art facilities and encourages community engagement to develop leadership skills and a sense of social responsibility.
However, individual outcomes can vary based on factors such as dedication, motivation, and commitment to studies. Overall, Keiser University plays a vital role in helping individuals achieve their educational and professional goals.
When to Apply to Keiser University
To maximize your chances of admission and make a smooth application process, it’s essential to apply to Keiser University at the right time. Here are some important considerations for when to apply:
- Application Deadlines: Keiser University may have specific application deadlines for each program and start date. It’s crucial to visit the official Keiser University website or contact their admissions office to obtain up-to-date information on application deadlines for the program you’re interested in.
- Rolling Admissions: Keiser University typically follows a rolling admissions process, which means they accept applications throughout the year for various start dates. However, it’s advisable to apply as early as possible to secure your spot and have ample time to complete other necessary steps in the admissions process.
- Program Start Dates: Keiser University offers multiple start dates throughout the year, allowing students to begin their studies at various times. You should check the program-specific start dates to determine which one aligns with your academic and personal timeline.
- Financial Aid and Scholarships: If you plan to apply for financial aid or scholarships, it’s essential to be aware of their respective deadlines. Many scholarships have early application deadlines, so be sure to submit your financial aid forms and scholarship applications in a timely manner to be considered for these opportunities.
- Transcripts and Documentation: Be prepared to provide all required documentation, including transcripts, test scores, letters of recommendation, and any other materials requested by Keiser University. Gathering these documents well in advance of the application deadline will ensure a smooth application process.
- Visiting Campus: If you have the opportunity, consider visiting the Keiser University campus before applying. Campus visits can help you get a feel for the university’s environment and determine if it’s the right fit for you.
- Early Application Benefits: Some universities, including Keiser, may offer certain benefits to students who apply early. These benefits could include priority consideration for scholarships or housing options. Applying early can give you a competitive edge.
- International Students: If you are an international student, you should be especially mindful of application deadlines. It takes time to process international applications, obtain visas, and make necessary travel arrangements, so plan accordingly.
Where to Find Keiser University Reviews?
When researching Keiser University and considering it as an option for your education, it’s important to read reviews and gather insights from current and former students.
Here are several reputable sources where you can find Keiser University reviews: Official Keiser University Website: Start your research by visiting the official Keiser University website.
They often feature testimonials and success stories from their students and alumni, providing insights into the university’s programs and offerings.
College Review Websites: Various websites like Niche, College Confidential, and Unigo offer reviews and ratings of colleges and universities, including Keiser University.
You can find reviews from current and former students, as well as information on campus life, academics, and more.
Online Forums and Social Media: Join online forums related to education, such as College Confidential or Reddit’s college-focused subreddits.
You can ask questions, participate in discussions, and find reviews from students who have attended or are currently attending Keiser University.
Social media platforms like Facebook and LinkedIn may also have Keiser University alumni groups or pages where you can connect with graduates and ask for their insights.
Third-Party Review Websites: Websites like GradReports and StudentsReview compile reviews and ratings from students who have attended Keiser University.
These platforms often provide detailed information about academic programs, faculty, campus facilities, and more.
State and Regional Education Websites: Depending on your location, state or regional education websites may provide information and reviews about Keiser University’s campuses in your area.
These sites often publish data on graduation rates, job placement, and student satisfaction.
Ask Admissions and Academic Advisors: When considering Keiser University, don’t hesitate to reach out to the university’s admissions office or academic advisors.
They can provide you with information about the programs you’re interested in and may connect you with current students or alumni who can share their experiences.
Campus Visits and Open Houses: If possible, schedule a campus visit or attend an open house event at Keiser University.
This will give you the opportunity to speak directly with faculty, staff, and students, allowing you to gather firsthand information and impressions. Student and Alumni Networks: Keiser University may have active student and alumni networks.
Connecting with current students and graduates through these networks can provide you with valuable insights and personal experiences.
Keiser University offers a unique educational experience with its career-focused programs, small class sizes, and flexible scheduling options.
However, it’s essential to weigh the pros and cons carefully and consider your specific educational goals, financial situation, and location preferences before making a decision.
Ultimately, Keiser University can be an excellent choice for students seeking a practical, fast-track education that prepares them for their chosen careers, but it may not be the best fit for everyone.
Conduct thorough research and consult with academic advisors to determine if Keiser University aligns with your academic and career aspirations.
Before deciding whether Keiser University is right for you, it’s crucial to thoroughly research your options, consider your specific academic and career objectives, assess your financial situation, and evaluate your location preferences.
Additionally, consulting with academic advisors and current students can provide valuable insights to help you make an informed choice about your higher education journey.